The accomplishments of 11 high school seniors were recognized by the MAX4Kids Foundation at a scholarship reception that took place on Thursday, May 3, in MAX’s Eastdale Community Room.
“MAX4Kids is honored to award scholarships to these eleven worthy recipients,” said Brooke Rollan, Community Relations and Foundation Coordinator. “We hope these scholarships lighten any financial burden that may come with the increasing cost of college tuition and give these students the opportunity to succeed in furthering their education.”
The 11 seniors from Montgomery, Autauga, Elmore and Lee counties were selected from nearly 80 applicants representing 25 different schools. MAX4Kids is awarding $55,000 in scholarships this year.
• Jennifer Arce – Trinity Christian School
• Jay Haygens – Marbury High School
• Madolynn Headley – Lowndes Academy
• Sloan Hicks – Marbury High School
• Jailyn Holt – LAMP
• JaKaylan Ivey – Brewbaker Technology Magnet High School
• Nicole Jackson – Stanhope Elmore High School
• Caitlin Koterba – Prattville High School
• Da’Kendrick Patterson – Brewbaker Technology Magnet High School
• India Richardson – Brewbaker Technology Magnet High School
• Sharee Riggs – Wetumpka High School
The MAX4Kids Foundation® is a non-profit organization that was created in 2001 by MAX associates as a way to give back to the communities MAX serves. Throughout the year, MAX volunteers hold fundraisers that include the MAX4Kids Annual Charity Golf Tournament, blue jean days, candy bar sales and other events to raise money. To date, the foundation has awarded more than $440,000 through the MAX4Kids Scholarship program to deserving high school seniors for their scholastic achievements. The MAX4Kids Foundation has also donated over $1,000,000 to children’s charities in the River Region and East Alabama